13) $1,000,000 for the Sewall-Belmont House in Washington, D.C.
12) $250,000 for a wireless network for the city of Hartselle, Alabama.
11) $225,000 for the St. Louis Art Museum Foundation.
10) $2.5 million for potato research.
9) $500,000 for brown tree snake control and interdiction in Guam.
8) $4.8 million for wood utilization research.
7) $693,000 for beef improvement research in Missouri and Texas.
6) $7.2 million to the Harkin Grant Program
5) $7 million to the Robert C. Byrd Institute
The funds for the Institute of Flexible Manufacturing Systems were proposed by the late Senator Robert C. Byrd. Apparently heading the Appropriations Committee allows for carte blanche power to, well, yourself. (CAGW gave both Harkin and late West Virginia Senator Byrd the "Narcissist Award" in their "Most Wasteful" race).
4) $17 million for the International Fund for Ireland (IFI).
3) $26,360,000 for Memberships to a Fitness Facility at Mayport Naval Station
2) $44,400,000 for 27 Projects in Mississippi
1) $2,500,000,000 for 10 additional C-17 Aircraft
This earmark is one of the most perplexing of all. Not only were the additional planes not requested by the Department of Defense, but a DoD analysis shows that the 205 C-17s currently in its possession are "sufficient to meet the Department’s future airlift needs -- even under the most stressing situations." No wonder this pork was anonymous.